EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF VERNON TWP REPUBLICAN CENTRAL COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
Surus is working to rebuild grassroots political organizations across the state of Illinois. Specifically, they are working with organizations with a more conservative or libertarian value set and traditionally this often includes Republican county and township party organizations.
In this endeavor, Surus is hiring part time to full time Executive Directors (“ED”) that are plugged in to work with these organizations and help shepherd them through the Surus leadership and organizational training program. ED’s initially work 10 hours per week with a partner organization and this can scale up to working with multiple organizations in a full-time capacity.
This Executive Director role is responsible for:
- Serving as the primary point of contact between Surus’ designated account manager and the executive committee of Vernon Twp Republican Central Committee
- Driving training and adoption of the Surus CRM, voter contact tools and data assets to help grow and build Vernon Twp Republican Central Committee
- Helping Vernon Twp Republican Central Committee grow four core competencies in: fundraising, communications, grassroots engagement and campaign relations
- We are looking for a candidate with a passion for getting to know other people, curious and capable of identifying unique values that prospective volunteers can bring to an organization and determining how best they can contribute to achieving team goals
- This person is passionate about the mission and vision of Surus and the Vernon Twp Republican Central Committee
- This person is well organized, maintains a professional demeanor, and can keep up with a consistent cadence of communication with over a dozen key stakeholders
- Either lives or can work in Vernon Township
Ideal candidates will have:
- Demonstrable experience in leadership roles within teams of professionals
- Past experience in data management and using a CRM like Nationbuilder, GOP DataCenter, i360, Sales Force, etc.
- Past experience interning or working on a political campaign or with a non-for-profit organization